The first big story update for Dying Light 2: Stay Human has been pushed back a bit, but players are still getting a major update this month, which adds a free story chapter, which includes new enemies, weapons, and more. Players can also look forward to snapping some post-apocalyptic beauty shots with the game’s new Photo Mode. You can check out a new teaser trailer for the “In the Footsteps of a Nightrunner” chapter, below.
Here’s a bit more info on what to expect from Dying Light 2 update 1.4 and the In the Footsteps of the Nightrunner chapter…
Your task is to help Harper, a Nightrunner of old, in his efforts to combat the Special Infected that are endangering the City’s people in exchange for access to powerful, never-before-seen equipment.
- Chapter Agent — Meet Harper, a former Nightrunner that acts as your link to the new adventure. Find him at the Fish Eye Canteen and assist him in taking down the Special Infected.
- New Rank System and Unlockables — Strengthen the bond between you and the agent by carrying out his tasks. With enough reputation points, you can rank up to unlock access to high-end weapons, outfits, and consumables.
- Daily and Weekly Bounties — Face the Infected head-on in a series of daily and weekly night activities that will earn you reputation points upon completion.
- 2 New Currencies — To purchase new items, first collect mutation samples off the Special Infected corpses and acquire unique Harper’s Tokens with each new rank.
- New Enemies — Meet the deadly and fierce Mutated Infected, the Volatile Tyrant, and the Volatile Hive.
- Chapter Mission — Purchase a special Chapter Mission Ticket from the Chapter Agent and test your mettle against punishing time trials that will test your stealth, parkour, or combat skills to their absolute limit.
- New Feature: Photo Mode — Our fantastic community asked for it, so we gladly obliged. The Photo Mode feature is here! Take some photos to commemorate your adventures in the City!
Dying Light 2 Stay Human is available now on PC, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, PS4, and PS5. Update 1.4 and the new content will arrive tomorrow (June 14).